Cosi Buono™ has written this policy in order to inform you how we gather data on our site and to demonstrate our commitment to maintaining your privacy and the security of our site
We collect two types of data onCosi Buono™ about our site visitors. The first type is for analytical purposes and is limited to that which is used to analyze our site traffic and visitor information through the use of Google Analytics. This information does not allow us to personally identify visitors to our site. The second type of information is what you give us voluntarily if you subscribe to our email list.
By visiting and reading our site, you agree to the following terms.
1. All content on the site is the property of Cosi Buono™ and may not be reproduced without our written our consent. Requests to reproduce our content should be posted in the comments area of this page along with your email and we’ll respond to you via email.
2. When you post a comment on one of our articles, it will be reviewed by our editorial team and then, if appropriate, it will be posted to the site. Once it is posted it becomes public information. Please be aware of that if you decide to use your full name. As such, you represent by submitting a post that you are the sole owner of any content you include. However, the views of the readers that comment on our site do not necessarily reflect the views of Cosi Buono™ .
3. We write about Italian culture and business. However, we are not responsible, or liable, for the activities of these individuals and by reading and visiting our site, you agree to that. In other words, if you have a bad experience with somebody or something we write about on this site, it’s between you and them and we are not responsible for the incident or outcome, in the same manner that any news outlet writing news stories would not be held responsible.
4. We collect email addresses through a widget on our website, and through a similar widget on our Facebook page, from a third-party company called MailChimp, which adheres to very strict anti-SPAM and privacy policies. When you subscribe to our email list, you give us your permission to email you, which we will not do more than once per week unless there is something exceptional (for example, if there’s a natural disaster in Italy and a relief organization reaches out to us for help in collecting funds, or if we discover that some amazing Italian event is about to happen).
5. At this time, we do not — nor do we plan to ever in the future — sell our email subscriber list, though we reserve the right to do so and, if so, will list that change here. We will, however, send you emails that share information from our advertisers and partners, which we believe will be useful to you, such as coupons, sale information and special deals. We also reserve the right to, and will on occasion, share our email list with nonprofit organizations that support Italian art and culture in an attempt to help these organizations raise awareness for their causes. When we do this we’ve determined, to the best of our ability, that this is a legitimate charity with an admirable purpose. But this doesn’t meant that we are liable or necessarily responsible for their actions. All of our emails, and those of the partners we share our list with, have an “unsubscribe” button at the bottom and when you click on that button, not only are you given the option to unsubscribe, but you will also be given the option to provide information about why you are choosing to unsubscribe, or to complain.
Disclosure of Affiliate Program and Material Connections
1. We participate in Amazon’s Affiliate Program, as well as Commission Junction and Linkshare. This means that all of the products that you see on our site contain affiliate links and when you click on these links you are taken to merchandiser sites, such as the Amazon site. If you buy a product from Amazon as a result of clicking on these links, we receive a commission — a small % of the purchase price. However, we only recommend products that we believe will be of benefit to our readers.
2. We do, from time to time, receive review copies or samples of the books and products that we review. When this is the case, we will inform you at the bottom of the review page. However, we only recommend products or services that we believe will be of benefit to our readers and we do not participate in any type of arrangement where we are required to give a positive review in order to obtain a product or service.
3. We participate in the affiliate programs for MailChimp and this means that if you click from our site to theirs and make a purchase, we receive a commission of that sale. However, we believe in the value of both these third party providers and only recommend them because we use them ourselves and are very happy with the services they both provide.
4. The above statements are made so that we are in compliance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”